Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Des Nouvelles... PORTUGAL!!!


Enfin j'ai des nouvelles de partager avec vous tous!!! J'ai bien reçu un Visa pour travailler au Portugal. À mon avis, c'était plus difficile que obtenir un Visa pour la France! Alors, cette semaine passé, j'ai déménagé au Portugal. J'ai commencé d'enseigner l'anglais ici, et j'aime bien la ville et les élèves- ils sont sympa! Ici il pleut beaucoup déjà, mais il n'y aura pas de la neige comme aux Etats-Unis pendant l'hiver. Quand même, le soleil me manque! J'ai déjà fait des amis et ma colocataire est très gentille... est portugaise! J'ai déjà appris un peu de portugais avec "babbel.com" (c'est pas cher du tout!) et déjà je peux communiquer avec elle. Quand même, c'est bon qu'elle peut parler un peu de anglais!! Comment sont vous?? Vous êtes bien?
Finally I have some news to share with you all!!! I received a Visa to work in Portugal. In my opinion, it was more difficult than getting a Visa for France! So, last week I moved to Portugal. I began to teach English here, and I really like the city and the students- they're nice! Here it rains a lot already, but there will not be snow like in the United States during winter. Even so, I miss the sun! I already have made some friends and my rookie is very nice... and Portuguese! I have already learned a little portuguese with "babel.com" (it's not expensive at all!) and already I can communicate with her. Even so, it's good that she can speak a little English!! How are you all?? Are you well? 

6 comments:

  1. Madame!!! Bonjour!!! Ça va?? Moi, je suis bien! Sorry for replying so late! Wow, that is soooo cool! Portugal must be a whole new experience! Sophomore year is pretty busy. French 3 is awesome! Almost every day in class, somebody will say, "Remember when Ms. Robidas..." And we will start listing off memories like Quebec, chouette chouette, the songs, and everything else. We don't get by without your songs. Everyday we sing them in class and the Mme. Demarco looks so confused! But she loves the songs. We also use your accent tricks, like how you would say TREMA and stick out your two fingers! It's been over two years since Quebec! It doesn't seem that long ago!! Anyways, have a good time in Portugal!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merci beaucoup Katie for your comment!! You made my day when you wrote this, thank you. It warms my heart to think of you all singing those songs and having so much fun. I have so many beautiful memories from teaching you all and miss you all all the time!!! It is certainly a much different world here in Portugal than America, and I am enjoying spreading our culture. Yesterday I made pumpkin pie for my students here since it's a fall treat in the U.S. that doesn't exist here :) You all sure taught me that food days are the best haha!! Thank you for your well wishes and talk soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Madame! I really miss having you as a teacher . French 3 is a really fun class. Someone would bring up when we did something that reminded us of French 1 . We would always bring up your tricks to remember verbs . I still miss your class. Have a great time in Portugal .I am excited for you .
    -Arthi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigada (thank you in Portuguese!) Arthi! It's so nice to hear from you. I'm so glad that you are having such a good time in class and that you still remember the tricks for remembering verbs!! Perhaps you can make a few fun ways of your own for the new verbs and let me know! I miss you all as well and am happy that life is good back in the States :D

      Delete
  4. Life is going great in the States ! What is your favorite part of Portugal ? At this very moment I have made a trick for imparfait . This is an awesome trick . My favorite part of the States is that we have already had out first frost and Thanksgiving is coming soon . Are you going to celebrate Thanksgiving in Portugal ?
    -Arthi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Arthi! My favorite part... hmmm even though it rains a lot right now, it stays relatively warm all year, and it might not even snow in the winter! I really love the food. Also, the people are very welcoming, because they do a lot of traveling and LOVE to speak English! What is your trick for the imparfait?? I would love to know!!! I am looking forward to celebrating Thanksgiving with a great mix of people- English, Irish, Portuguese, Russian and Italian! I thankfully seem to continue meeting people from all over the world and am enjoying learning about so many cultures. Talk to you soon!

      Delete