J'ai une surprise pour vous tous! En fait, je me suis mariée et je viens de déménager en Suisse, dans une ville qui s'appelle Bâle. Mes élèves de mon ancienne école internationale en Allemagne m'ont demandé de continuer de poster sur mon blog alors voici mon premier post depuis deux ans. Désolée! Je vais essayer de le faire plus souvent. Maintenant j’ai des anciens élèves des Etats-Unis, d’Angleterre, de la France, du Portugal, et de l’Allemagne. Je dois admettre que enfin je suis un peu fatiguée de déménager et j’espère que la Suisse et le bon pays pour moi. Ici c’est toujours intéressant, car moi j’ai deux chats (des frères) et mon mari a deux chats… alors ça fait QUATRE CHATS ensemble. Oh mon dieu! Je n’ai pas choisi cette vie… cette vie m’a choisi. Alors, comment allez-vous?
I have a surprise for you all! Actually, I got married and I just moved to Switzerland, in a city called Basel. My students from my previous international school in Germany asked my to continue to post on my blog so here is my first post since two years ago. Sorry! I am going to do it more often. Now I have past students from the USA, England, France, Portugal and Germany. I have to admit that I am finally a bit tired of moving and I hope that Switzerland is the right country for me. Here it is always interesting, because I have two cats (brothers) and my husband has two cats… that makes FOUR CATS together. Oh my God! I did not choose this life… this life chose me. So, how are you all?
Bonjour madame! I check this blog from time to time since I have it as an old bookmarked page in my laptop, and it’s funny because I hadn’t checked it in so long and just did and you had just posted! Congratulations on your marriage and move, that is so exciting!! I always love hearing about all your adventures and where life takes you next… you’ve been able to travel and experience so many places, something I sure hope to do in the near future! I think that getting out and exploring is one of the best learning and growth opportunities one could have. I just graduated from UConn and will be attending graduate school this fall in Massachusetts at Springfield College for an MA in higher education administration, hoping to have an administrative position at a college/university down the road! That being said, hopefully I can still find time to get out and visit new places, have only ever been to Canada and Peru outside of the US. In terms of my French… it is something I have unfortunately lost a bit over time, but the passion for the language is most definitely still there! I could read your blog there and get the general gist of the passage before reading the translation, so I just have some cobwebs to brush off :) Take care and I can’t wait to hear about your next adventure! -Katie
ReplyDeleteHi Katie! It's so nice to hear from you. Thank you for your well-wishes! Congratulations on graduating and for your upcoming MA, I'm very proud of you. Hopefully once it's possible again you'll have a chance to do some travelling as well. I think that's great that you can still recognize quite a few words in French. I highly recommend having audio or subtitles in French on Netflix or wherever to keep it up. Good luck with everything!
Delete